1. MetaTrader 4 terminal cannot
connect to my trading account ("No connection" error). What should I do?
2. I constantly receive the "Market Closed" error when trying to open orders. What should I do?
3. MetaTrader 4 terminal indicates the "Not enough equity" error.
4. MetaTrader 4 terminal indicates that a trading queue is busy.
5. I can't find the full history of performed transactions in MetaTrader 4.
6. I want to receive a detailed statement of my trading results.
7. What time is shown in the MetaTrader 4 terminal?
8. "Buy Limit" or "Take Profit" order that was placed on a Sell position has not been executed, although the price on a chart has reached the order's price. Why?
9. Why there is no such volume of trade as "0.1" in the MetaTrader 4 "Order" window's drop-down list?
10. Why all of the available instruments are not displayed in "Market Watch" window of MetaTrader 4 terminal?
11. What are the MetaTrader 4 system requirements for PC, Pocket PC or Smartphone?
12. What are the IP addresses of Admiral Markets Ltd trading servers?
13. What should I do if my internet connection has been lost but I need to open or close a trade?
14. MetaTrader 4 terminal indicates the "Invalid Account" error.
15. MetaTrader 4 terminal indicates the "Account is disabled" error.
1. Please check your internet connection, maybe it is your Internet Service Provider's problem. Try to surf web pages which are hosted in various countries of the world. If some pages cannot be opened, contact your ISP's Technical Support.
2. Try to disable or configure your antivirus and/or firewall software that is installed on your computer, it may block some internet connections of MetaTrader 4 terminal. The internet communication ports 444 (for real accounts) and 443 (for demo accounts) should be opened and available to terminal.exe application. If opening these ports won't help, you can try to completely disable the firewall/antivirus and restart your PC.
3. If you are trading from your work PC, the office network may be configured to connect to the internet through a proxy-server. Please ask your System Administrator to provide you with the proxy server's details such as IP address, type of a proxy and port. Then you should enter this data to your MetaTrader 4 terminal ("Tools" menu > Options > Server > Enable proxy server > Proxy).
4. Please ask your System Administrator about opened and closed ports on your office network. If port 444 (for real accounts) or 443 (for demo accounts) is closed, you won't be able to use MetaTrader 4 terminal. You can ask your System Administrator to open these ports.
5. In some rare cases, the ports can also be blocked by your Internet Service Provider. Please address this question to your ISP's Technical Support. You can also use alternative internet connection methods (for example, try to use your mobile phone as modem for your PC).
1. The trading session on this financial instrument has not started yet. Please check the trading hours indicated in this table (click on any instrument to see further details).
2. If you are trying to buy or sell a Future Contract, please check, maybe it has expired and the trading is closed. Sometimes, 1-2 days before the expiration date, the Future Contracts can be switched to "close only" status, so no new trades could be opened.
If there is not enough free funds ("Free margin") available on your trading account for opening a position, you will receive such error. Please check in this table what amount of margin is required for a particular trading instrument and calculate the standard or hedged margin for all of your opened positions. If you see that there is not enough money to open a new position, you can close some of your existing positions or deposit additional funds to your trading account. Please consider these trading examples in order to understand how the margin is calculated for various trading instruments. If the base currency of your trading account is EUR, your should convert some currency values to EUR when performing your calculations.
Wait some time and try again, maybe your previous order has not been executed yet or the trading server has not received it because of some problems with your internet connection. In any case, restarting the MetaTrader 4 terminal should help in resolving the problem.
Please navigate to "Account history" tab in the "Terminal" window and select the "All history" option from right-click menu.
Please navigate to "Account history" tab in the "Terminal" window and select the
"Save as Detailed Report" option from right-click menu.
How to interpret the Detailed Report:
Total net profit — financial result of all trades. This parameter represents the difference between "Gross profit" and "Gross loss";
Gross profit — the sum of all profitable trades in monetary units;
Gross loss — the sum of all unprofitable trades in monetary units;
Profit factor — the ratio between the gross profit and the gross loss in per cents. One means that these sums are equal;
Expected payoff — mathematical expectation of win. This parameter to be calculated statistically represents average profit/loss factor of one trade. It can also be considered as showing the expected profitability/unprofitability of the next trade;
Absolute drawdown — the largest loss is below initial deposit value;
Maximal drawdown — the largest loss of the local maximum in the deposit currency and in per cents of the deposit;
Total trades — total amount of trade positions;
Short positions (won %) — amount of short positions and the profit percentage thereof;
Long positions (won %) — amount of long positions and the profit percentage thereof;
Profit trades (% of total) — the amount of profitable trade positions and their part in the total trades, in per cents;
Loss trades (% of total) — the amount of unprofitable trade positions and their part in the total trades, in per cents;
Largest profit trade — the largest profit among all profitable positions;
Largest loss trade — the largest loss among all unprofitable positions;
Average profit trade — average profit value within a trade (sum of profits divided into the amount of profitable trades);
Average loss trade — average loss value within a trade (sum of losses divided into the amount of unprofitable trades);
Maximum consecutive wins (profit in money) — the longest series of profitable trade positions and sum of their wins;
Maximum consecutive losses (loss in money) — the longest series of unprofitable trade positions and sum of their losses;
Maximal consecutive profit (count of wins) — the maximal profit within one series of profitable trades and the corresponding amount of profitable trades;
Maximal consecutive loss (count of losses) — the maximal loss within one series of unprofitable trades and the corresponding amount of unprofitable trades;
Average consecutive wins — average amount of profitable positions in consecutive profitable series;
Average consecutive loss — average amount of unprofitable positions in consecutive unprofitable series.
The trading platform indicates the London time: GMT+1 (summer) or GMT+0 (winter).
Charts in MetaTrader 4 are generated using only Bid prices, but the orders for Sell positions are executed at Ask prices (you can see the both prices in MetaTrader 4 terminal, "Market Watch" window). The difference between these prices is a spread. Please take this fact into consideration when placing your pending orders.
You can manually input any volume you want, starting from 0.01 Lots and with the incremental step of 0.01 Lots. For example, you can input "0.12" or "0.03".
In order to see the full list of available instruments, please select the "Show All Symbols" option from right-click menu in "Market Watch" window. It is recommended to repeat this procedure at least once a month, because new contracts are added regularly and some expired contracts (e.g., futures) removed from the list.
The PC version of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal can operate under Microsoft
Hardware requirements are limited with software ones.
MetaTrader 4 Mobile for Pocket PC requires Windows Pocket PC 2002 or higher.
MetaTrader4 Mobile for Smartphones requires Windows Mobile 2003 Smartphone Edition and later versions.
If you have already registered in the Trader’s Room and have opened a real trading account (received your login/password), we recommend to download and install the MetaTrader 4
terminal from our website, it’s the most simple and convenient way because all addresses of our trading servers are already integrated into the terminal, you need only to start the terminal and connect to your trading account.
If any other version of MetaTrader 4 terminal has been already installed to your computer, you can use this terminal for further trading on real Admiral Markets Ltd. accounts or create a demo-account directly from it. Please use the following server addresses in order to connect to Admiral Markets Ltd. trading environment. You need to enter any of these addresses in the File > Login [Server] or in Tools > Options [Server] text fields.
Servers for real accounts (Admiral-Live):
Servers for demo accounts (Admiral-Demo):
Admiral Markets Ltd. provides the reserve telephone line to all customers in
case of any problems with internet-communication or data transfer stability. So
you can place your trading orders not only via internet (MetaTrader 4) but also
via telephone round-the-clock, from Monday GMT 00:00 to Friday GMT 20:00. Please
draw your attention that telephone dealing is meant only for accepting calls
from customers (traders), who wish to place an order or close a position on
their real trading account.
Please use the following phone number of our Phone Dealing service: +372 6 309 306
1. You have entered an incorrect login (account number) or incorrect password from your trading account. If you forgot your password, please check your e-mail that was provided during your registration in Trader's Room and find there a mail from Admiral Markets Ltd that was sent to you confirming your registration – your login details were included in this e-mail. Please make sure, that the password is entered correctly and all symbols (lowercase & uppercase) are the same as provided to you during registration.
Please also make sure that you are trying to connect to the correct trading server (Admiral-Live for real accounts or Admiral-Demo for demo and contest accounts).
Your real account has been not activated for trading yet. In order to activate your account for trading, any sum of money should be deposited to your account (in EUR or USD currency). Demo accounts do not require activation. Contest accounts are activated automatically when the contest begins.